10/11/11

Yum

All this bedtime chaos bullshit (let's just call it what it is, shall we?) is enough to make a grown woman thirsty for a cocktail at the end of the day.

Or a glass bottle of wine.

Only problem is, I hate alcohol.

One taste is enough to make me do that whole cat hairball thing.

Go ahead, picture it.

So, since drinking alcohol would just make me feel worse, I do what any other woman would do.

I eat.

Yup. I feed the black hole in my belly that is bedtime drama.

Not really.

I mean I do eat, but not like, excessively locked in a closet with a bag of Cooler Ranch Doritos or anything (I am a Nacho Cheesier girl, anyway). Lately though, after nursing Ladybug all day, working out, chasing a 2 year old, a 3 hour nap AND bedtime battle... I realize, I haven't eaten much all day.

So, I make myself something amazing.

Like these, the best oatmeal chocolate chip cookies of all time.



They are so easy, even I cant screw up (disclaimer: that means, I have made them twice and have yet to eff them up).

Also, one of my friends gave me her secret to making the puffiest, roundest, plumpest cookies ever.

An ice cream scooper.

Duh, why didn't I think of that??

If you put them on the pan round, they will cook round.
If you put them on flatter.... you guessed it people, they will cook flatter.

Love when I can successfully put something in the oven and have it turn out not just edible, but delicious too.

You gotta try them... even if you aren't trying to drown your nap time sorrows.

2 comments :

  1. excellent with tea after the kids are in bed. yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look great! And trust me when something you're baking comes out awesome {mine fairly ever do}
    love it!

    ReplyDelete

Say something nice, go:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright Our Tiny Place 2017