2/6/17

Is It Just Me Or...

Sometimes I look at kid things and I'm like... who approved this?

Seriously- this is not kid friendly.

Case in point...

I was reading a book to the kids...

I'm not gonna tell you which one because I'm sure someone put their blood, sweat, and tears into getting it published and sold and I'm not trying to be mean here, I'm just... surprised?

Anyway, I'm reading this book to the kids, and I'm just minding my own business when I turn the page and....



You see that dog on her knee.. you see his look of sheer terror and confusion and but WHHHHHYYYY-ness?

That's how I looked too!! I am actually still making that face right this very second as I type this.

HOW, how did this get passed the illustrator, author, publisher??

Plus all their families?

You know someone was like, "Hey Honey, check out my illustrations, and pictures for the old lady book..."

And not ONE person was like, "Ahh... why's she gotta swallow a pole? I thought this was a family book?"

I mean I know, I KNOW that's not what it's supposed to look like, but hello, it does anyway!

Come on. Seriously...

It's not just me, right?

RIGHT!?

Fine, FINE. Whatever. You can pretend that nothing even remotely non-PG would have ever crossed your mind if you were reading that book but guess what?!

I don't believe you.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Say something nice, go:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright Our Tiny Place 2017