2/15/16

Happy Valentine's Day!

Husband and I have been married for almost 9 years... which means I am basically dead according to Valentine's Day.

The whole hearts and flowers thing just doesn't do it for me anymore, which is totally fine...

I've had my fair share of wonderful, over the top Valentine's Days, so I like to focus the day on the kids, and being together as a family.

Here are the gremlins, not dressed in red... opening gifts that were not wrapped.


We gave Girlfriend face paint.

I have no idea why.


Our Valentine's Day this year was all about keeping them calm, warm (hello it is like Antarctica here right now), and feeding them whatever they would actually eat... amIright???

We made the kids pancakes with whipped cream and strawberries for breakfast, and took them out for pizza and bowling for dinner... which was just enough excitement to make the day feel special, without making us all exhausted.

Sometimes I think parents do all this extra ridiculous Pinteresty stuff just because they want to post it online and show the world that they did all this extra stuff...

Which in turn makes everyone else wonder if they are somehow their "enough" is actually really not good enough. 

And to that I say this....

Here's my whole Valentine's tribe... standing near bowling balls.

It's not exactly the staged Valentine's Day photo shoots that I used to have time for... but it's still great and I love it anyway.


No one was posing, no one was fighting, and everyone was playing with their Dad.

I have no idea what else was going on in this moment, but I know they were all happy, they were all together, and there wasn't a single red heart in sight.

However you spent your Hallmark Holiday, I hope it put a smile on your face, and love in your heart.






No comments :

Post a Comment

Say something nice, go:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright Our Tiny Place 2017