12/5/14

The Elf On The Shelf...

I know a lot of people hate the Elf on the Shelf.

But I don't.

Granted, I think it's corny, and kind of weird, but I'll be damned if that elf doesn't make my kids behave better.

It's kind of a big deal.

I am the first to admit that the women who go like crazy over board and all, "top this," with their elves drive me insane.

I think those are the people that are MISSING THE FREAKING POINT.

Our kids are young for such a short amount of time, in our house, the Elf is about two things... 1) good behavior, and 2) MAGIC.

Let's inject some magic back into Christmas people.

Or, let's say we will and instead run down the stairs at 6 am and chuck that elf as hard as we can in any new direction and hope it doesn't land in the fireplace.

Yup, in our house we forget too.

Nine times out of ten I am the elf mover... and being that I am still nursing, I am up a few times a night to move that little guy around if I happen to forget before bed.

Last night was no different, and I found myself in the kitchen at 2:46 AM!!

Moving the elf!

Boyfriend, bless his cute little heart, he gets very nervous when the elf is within his reach.

Like his arms are just going to shoot out and grab that little guy by accident.

So I usually put our elf up high, but I am running out of freaking ideas.

And that's how I found myself cutting a hole in a box of fruit snacks, at 3 am, on a Friday morning, in my pajamas.


And then, because I was thinking it, I added a little note to my non-reading children:



A little nudge in the right direction never hurt anyone, right??

2 comments :

  1. your blog posts are awesome, great writing and funny as heck...keep em' coming =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cuuute. My kiddos are too young to care anything about the ol' Elf.

    ReplyDelete

Say something nice, go:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright Our Tiny Place 2017