12/30/14

It's Time.


I started this blog more than four years ago, when Boyfriend was just 18 months old.

I missed writing, and life was so funny and exciting... I knew I needed a place to jot it all down.

The bonus was when people started reading, like actual live humans that weren't my mother.

My little corner of the Internet was just that... mine.

At a time when I didn't feel like anything at all was my own... I found this blog, and it helped me find myself.

I was lonely, and missed being an adult.... and so I wrote... and amazingly, you read... and read and read and read.

In four years I wrote 1,061 blog posts, and made $50... total.

I know.

Over the years, my vision of "blogging success," changed... it stopped being about dollars and started being about friendships, and laughter.

I met new, wonderful people and companies that cared about my opinion, and my family.

Others became invested in our crazy life....

They sent us Christmas cards, and little gifts... they reached out and asked for advice... said they wanted to read more!

My most successful posts, are the ones that made you laugh out loud, the ones that made you say, "Thank God I'm not alone," ... the ones that you read to your husbands and wives.

In the end, this place was about finding myself as a writer... and preserving our memories.

I do believe that this tiny place, has served it's purpose.


So here goes....

After nearly a year of sporadically blogging, and trying to make this thing work, I am ready to admit defeat...

I am waving the flag and saying... it's time to say goodbye to Our Tiny Place.

Now, those of you who have been here for four years know that I am a commitment-phobe... 

So, who knows, maybe I'll make this grand ending statement and be back next month...

But, I cant say for sure ... and for as sad as it makes me to do this, it feels better to call this the end, at least for now.

Please allow me to credit all of you, for keeping this little dream of mine alive for as long as you did.. after all, what good is a writer without a reader?

Thank you to all of you who have checked in, shared my work, and wished for me to succeed.

Writing this feels like a huge weight is being lifted off my shoulders.


Blogging crosses my mind no less than ten times a day... but I am an all or nothing type of person, and I just don't have the time for this anymore.



My heart is heavy as I write this post... this place has been an amazing outlet for me and I will miss it dearly.

It's actually kind of embarrassing how sad I am about giving up this blog... I never knew how much I loved it until I sat down to write this last post.

I struggle constantly with the desire to document every minute of Boo's baby-ness... but this time around, I am capturing it in my soul instead...


I am memorizing the width of his belly while he nurses, the smell of his chubby cheeks and the feel of his squishy feet on my face.

There is something to be said for stepping away from the technology and breathing in real life... they are only young once and, selfishly, I want to gobble up every second of it for myself.

So...I'm going to close up this shop and focus all of my energy on watching my family grow and change.

This, is my Christmas gift to myself.

I hope that one day, if I decide to write again, that someone on the other side of the computer will welcome me back into their homes, and their hearts.

And I hope that maybe, that someone, will be you.

Thank you, thank you, thank you... for following along, and thinking that we are worthy of the little time that you have to yourself.

You... and this... will be missed.






**If you want to follow along with us on a smaller, faster scale... I am still loving Instagram and will continue to keep my account there active and updated regularly!  @ourtinyplace ... It's the same cute and crazy, just with less words!

11 comments :

  1. You will dearly be missed as your writing and your wild family life are always a highlight to read. Give the kiddies kisses from all of us and enjoy every minute of them time goes by too quickly

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will miss you, but I'm so happy for you. You've been such an inspiration to me and my family in so many ways. Best of luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are the sweetest and I want to put this comment in my pocket and carry it around.

      Delete
  3. enjoy your babies! we will miss you all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll miss your blog! You hooked me when I read the post about your husband tooting in bed because I can, unfortunately, completely relate. Good luck to your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You definitely should NOT feel bad about all this! You've got to enjoy your kids and enjoy every moment of it and if this is taking away from your time with your kids it only make sense.

    Thanks for all the laughs. I've had a lot of fun reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You will be missed as I loved reading all your lovely stories and happenings at your home. That said, I completely understand your need to be more present and kudoos to you for making that happen and putting your family first. Enjoy all those special moments with them and don't feel guilty for a moment. Take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sad!! Wishing you all the very best. Think I'll still have a look from time to time just in case you change your mind.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so happy to see you'll still be Instagramming. I don't blog or read blogs much anymore either, but I always enjoying popping in to get caught up on yours. You will be missed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I found your blog over a year ago and it just... clicked. It's the only blog I check back with on a regular basis to keep reading. As my family has grown with yours, I've laughed along with your stories and even entered a few contests along the way. I don't think I've ever commented, but after welcoming my third baby 9 months ago I feel compelled to say I UNDERSTAND. I'm totally into my kids in ways I never soaked up before. It's all consuming, and right now I wouldn't have it any other way. I'll check back with you in a bit, maybe when our little darlings have grown a bit you'll be back to writing and I'll be back to reading. Blessings to your sweet family!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good for you and Bummer...at the same time. I totally get the time consumption of blogging. I actually let mine go silent for about 3 months while I was struggling through my nasty 1st trimester, and it was really nice to not have to worry about blogging and being creative or interesting. But, I've slowly but surely been increasing my presence online once again. My whole outlook and expectations on my blog have changed, too. I used to worry so much about $$, giveaways, topbabyblog votes, daily views, etc. Now, I'm doing it just for me. Unfortunately, I have the worst memory of anyone I know. Seriously, my brain needs to be studied and fixed. Because of that, I continue to blog and I don't see myself letting it go completely, any time soon. My life's memories are mostly based around photos I take, so without them and without documenting them, I fear I'll forget my kid's childhood like I have my own! Anyways...enough about me. I totally get your decision. And I must say, I've so enjoyed your blog over the last year or 2. I've particularly enjoyed your sense of humor, your bluntness (word?) and the crazy things your kids say. Two posts that stand out the most for me: 1) The time your son pointed at a gothic appearing person in the grocery store and shouted out "Pirate!" while pointing in his direction. 2) The incident where your daughter wanted your husband's sandwich and juice (i think) during his lunch break at home...and when he refused her she dumped his juice out! I'll definitely continue to check in from time to time just in case you do pop back in. In the meantime, really enjoy that adorable and funny family of yours...along with time for YOU! Peace out, Mama :) -Misty

    ReplyDelete

Say something nice, go:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright Our Tiny Place 2017