1/9/14

He Said....

Boyfriend is learning to rhyme at school.

I know... he is four going on twelve I think.

I took the kids to a family Christmas party a few weeks back and he asked me to quiz him on some rhyming words on the long car ride.

I began... "Hike..."

And he replied.... "Bike."

I continued... "Hill..."

And he answered... "Bill."

We went on this way for a little while until I came to, "Cat."

Boyfriend responded, "Hat."

I decided to push him a little bit and said... "Can you tell me anything else that rhymes with cat??"

And he was all.. "Nope. Just hat."

And I'm like... "Well, how about a word that starts with the F sound ... and I don't like you to say it."

He looked at me in the rear view mirror kind of curiously... like... "Is this a trick??"

I reassured him, "It's okay, Bud... just this once I don't mind if you say it because it rhymes with cat."

And he was all... "Fuck?? Fuck Mom?? I didn't know that fuck and cat rhyme. Do they?"

It got worse before it got better... lots of sounding out in the back seat... which was totally drowning out my cries of no! No! Shh! Stop!

He was all.. "Cccc-aaaa-ttt... f---uuu-cccc--kkk."

When he finally stopped talking I quietly said... "Hey Bud... I'm not mad, but the word was FAT. Fat and cat rhyme Bud."

I could see the light bulb go off in his head when I said it....

"Ohhhhhh.... fat and cat!!! Of course!! But you don't like when I say fuck either right, Mom??"



I couldn't help but laugh, he just had to add it in there one last time.

6 comments :

  1. Couldn't have gone with bat or rat, eh? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read often, but I don't think I have ever commented. I just couldn't help it this time. I am literally crying from laughing. Your kids are so damn funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love when quiet readers speak up! It makes me want to continue blogging, even though I threaten to quit once a month... Thank you!

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh this one actually had me laughing out loud! I love Boyfriend and can't wait to hear what he has to say about #3!

    ReplyDelete

Say something nice, go:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright Our Tiny Place 2017