11/21/13

Pre-School Update

So Boyfriend is now three months into his second year of pre-school... which means it's time for writing!!!

He is doing so awesome and is totally into it... he even asks me to write words that he can trace and mimic on his own.

As a Mom of a real deal boy, who gets dirty and messy and has no off switch.... I am blown away with his excitement about education.

This new found interest in learning is something we haven't experienced yet and I am over the moon happy about how wonderful Boyfriend is doing and how really and truly INTO IT he is...

I mean, hello.... I started a blog 3+ years ago because I love to write... so seeing my Boyfriend's excitement over it makes my heart skip a beat.

Of course, I am no fool and I know that there is a good chance that he could end up like his Father, in the back of the class room making fart noises when the teacher bends over, with zero interest in school other than who is fighting who that day...

So, I'm planning on enjoying every single educational victory we have along the way... big or small, they all matter to me.

Which brings me to my school days project update.

Like all normal families, sometimes getting out the door to school can be a big pain in the ass.

Especially when you have a defiant four year old on your hands...

So... we had one bad day, of course it was the only day of the year that Husband had off and was taking Boyfriend to school.

I swear he is a different kid when it is just me.

Anyway, Boyfriend was super fresh and rude and mean to his sister one day, and I was thiiiiis close to not taking his picture but... Husband, bless his heart... he knew I would regret it.

So we kinda coaxed him towards his picture taking spot, and I just snapped a shot as fast as I could.

It's obviously the one where he is standing sideways, wearing a soccer ball shirt, and looks like he wants to tell someone (me) to get the damn camera the Hell out of his face.


I'm happy I snapped the picture even though we were having a tough day.

This project has become part of our morning routine and I really think he will remember doing this and make fun of me about it when he is older.

I have my first conference with his teacher in two weeks and I can't even wait to pick her brain... seriously, I am considering bringing her a bottle of wine.

Maybe get her drunk so she will really tell me the goods on my boy??

I'm still kinda new to this conferences thing, I only had one last year so I don't actually know the rules... do you think it's frowned upon to get the teacher hammered so she tells you the truth??

Probably not, right?

1 comment :

  1. I love this! How amazing that you're getting a photo of him every day, as a mom if a 7 month old, you're really setting the bar high for me! Ha! I really enjoy your blog and your writing and I'm so glad I stumbled upon your space :)

    ReplyDelete

Say something nice, go:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright Our Tiny Place 2017