10/3/13

We Told The Kids...

Last week Husband was watching me play with the kids right before nap time.

I was tickling them both, and kind of bothering them, making them laugh... you know the deal.

The whole room was filled with that lovin', happy, feeling when Husband declared...

"I'm telling them."

And then immediately after, like a man who knows better than to cross his pregnant wife, he asked.... "Can I?"

I knew it was important to him to get it off his chest and he felt like we were keeping the kids out of something special, so I nodded and gave him the go ahead to spill the beans.

We didn't video tape the moment... or take a single picture.

We had already taken a big video of them holding signs (that meant nothing to them), so it seemed redundant to set up a whole big deal...  even though I wanted to and had twenty seven different ideas up my sleeve.

Husband convinced me to just let things unfold on their own... and instead use my energy to pray that no one would have a melt down.

Now if you put aside the births of both of my children, and my wedding day... this moment, when we told the kids that we were going to have another baby... was one of the most amazing things that has ever happened to me in my life.

The kid's reaction was unlike anything I could have ever imagined.

No sooner were the words out of Husband's mouth and the two of them were instantly on top of me... ripping my shirt up into the air and screaming their little maniac head's off into my belly.

It was all the things.

It was every adjective.

They were screaming and clapping and jumping up and down, "Baby! Baby can you hear me??!"

After Boyfriend was all yelled out, he started baby talking and coochie-cooing into my belly button... like:

"Awww... what a cute yittle baby you are!"

He was shaking his head and pinching his own cheeks when Girlfriend started following suit with the baby talk deal and my heart officially exploded into a million pieces.

In that moment, the two of them made me so proud... no one was sad, or jealous... they were EXCITED to have another sibling... to welcome another crazy person into our posse of already crazy people.

Husband and I smiled all day long.

We also handed the kids the phone so that they could have the opportunity to spread their news however they saw fit.

And that part I video taped... we kept the first moment's to ourselves, and decided to capture whatever the Hell came out of the kid's mouths after that.



babyclipsmovie from Mama B on Vimeo.

It's not much... and it's nothing YouTube worthy... but it makes us smile, and we are so happy to have captured those first few minutes of excitement and of course, chaos.



1 comment :

  1. Very exciting! I'm so glad they surprised you, what an amazing reaction.

    ReplyDelete

Say something nice, go:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright Our Tiny Place 2017