8/13/13

Project Fail

Yesterday I meticulously cut out images from a magazine so that the kids could make collages on the deck.

First off... if you're kids are almost two and four... don't even waste your freaking time doing this, because they will have no interest... like mine.

Anyway, back to the story...

I cut the pictures out, and gave each kid a small bowl of Elmer's glue, and Q-Tips.

The idea was that they'd use the Q-Tips to "paint," the images, then glue them to a piece of poster board.

This project took 15 minutes to set up, and they enjoyed it for about 35 seconds.

Before I knew it, the kids were launching Q-Tips, and pictures of containers and baskets at my head.

((**Side Note: I cut up an old Real Simple, hence the organizing images.))

I spent the next 15 minutes picking up the project that had gone from good to bad before I even had a chance to sit down.

Once the deck was clean and the kids were safely on to the next thing, I happened upon a stray Q-Tip that I had forgotten to grab off the table.

It was Elmer's glue free, and so... I stuck that sucker in my ear canal (you're not my Doctor so please do not give me a lecture), and started to clean my ear... cause I love to, and yes I know that's weird.

Except here's the thing.

Q-Tips are white, and so is Elmer's glue... and well, I happen to be blind without my glasses on... so you know where this is going.

The freaking Q-Tip was NOT clean...

It was covered in glue.

I say "was" because upon rubbing that shit all up in my head.... the glue was now in my ear canal, and not on the Q-Tip.

Siggghhhhh....

Glue in my ear...

In my head...

 GLUE IN MY HEAD.... AND I PUT IT THERE MYSELF!

Motherhood is a ridiculous job... if only it paid in cash instead of sticky things... I'd be doing just fine.

On the bright side... I couldn't hear anything out of the right side of my head for a few hours, so if I positioned myself just so, I didn't have to listen to any yelling from the kids.

Win?


The ultimate in all things sticky... A McDonald's Indoor Playscape.


1 comment :

  1. Thaaaaaaaaaaaat's.....hilarious. Thanks for the laugh. I wonder how much time will pass before you put a Q-tip in your ear WITHOUT checking it twice. www.momistabeginnings.com

    ReplyDelete

Say something nice, go:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright Our Tiny Place 2017