5/13/13

On Taking A Blogging Break

Tap, tap, tap... is this thing on??

Is anyone still here??

If you follow us on Facebook, you know that I decided to take a week off of blogging.

If you don't, well, now you know.

If you follow us on Instagram, then you probably didn't miss us too much, because I love that shit and try to post a picture or two a day over there.

Anyway... there is a nasty rumor in the blogosphere that every time a blogger takes a break she will return to drop a bomb on her readers...

Usually she is either: Moving, pregnant, getting divorced, or giving up on her blog.

I am none of those things... I have no bomb to drop and nothing interesting to say.

I took a week off because it's been beautiful here, and we've been busy enjoying the sunshine and running through the sprinkler in our birthday suits... the Bugs, not me.

It was a wonderful week...

We had a special surprise visit from my brother who lives three hours away...


We went to the beach...


And the Reservoir...


We ate cupcakes....


And cakes shaped like Monster Energy drinks....


We played baseball...


Gave hugs...


Ate our fair share of popsicles...


Danced in the yard...


Dug to China...


Had a ridiculous case of bad allergies...


Made a hat out of a Ritz Cracker's box...


Rode the quad...


Worked on our jump shots...


And basically just spent our time enjoying each other... and not modern technology.

It was awesome.

I try to remind myself that this blog is a labor of love and although I would love for it to put some food on the table, the truth is... it doesn't... and until it does, I may continue to take unscheduled breaks just for the Hell of it.

I am super excited to tell some ridiculous stories about our time off from blog-land.. and get back into the swing of things around here.

Thanks for continuing to read... I'm so happy you're here.






3 comments :

  1. I have been following you for quite some time now. I'm not sure how but about 8 months ago I came across your blog. I was very tired, very angry, and very pregnant. I would come here knowing that regardless of how shitty my day was that I'd get a laugh. You were actually my inspiration to start a blog of my own about 2 months or so ago. So just know that while you were gone you were missed :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww you made my day!! Thank you!!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for coming back with no bad news about you leaving us. I pretty much need you.

    ReplyDelete

Say something nice, go:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright Our Tiny Place 2017