5/24/13

Carrying My Babies

Our kids are knee deep in that, "Me too! Me too!" phase.

There is no laughing at one, and not laughing at the other...

There is no hugging one, and not the other...

Tickling, feeding, even WIPING (they poop at the same time... weird little genetic thing)... what you do for one, you do for the other.

And because they are children, they need it done INSTANTLY...like:

RIGHT THIS MINUTE OR I WILL HAVE A TANTRUM AND KICK MY LITTLE LIMBS AND FLEX MY VOCAL CORDS AND MAKE YOU SORRRRRRRY.

Patience is not a strong suit for our kids.

Their need to have things done immediately is why I began carrying them both at the same time.

It started with dancing in the kitchen; if I danced with one, I had to dance with the other..

It took a little maneuvering, but I finally figured out a way to have Lovebug climb into my arms after I was already holding Girlfriend, and we'd dance around, just the three of us.... except my two legs were doing all the work.



Once we got it down in the kitchen, the kids wanted me to carry them together in the yard, the driveway, running through the living room.... it's pretty much the norm now for me to have two giant babies in my arms.


Of course it doesn't last long (unless Girlfriend is in the Ergo), because kids are heavy, and squirmy, and slippery... but I love to hear them laugh and feel their little limbs flailing and holding onto me for dear life.


The Bugs are a constant in my face reminder of how quickly kids grow and change.


As far as I'm concerned, it's common sense and simple math...

The absolute shortest and fastest part of any person's life, is when they are a baby, and a toddler and a child.

Think about it... you're an adult for like... ever.

You're a teenager for less than a decade...

A certified "real" child from like 5-10...

A toddler from around 18 months to 4 years old...

And a baby... from birth to 18 months or so...

If you add my children into the math problem... all I see is two clocks ticking, ticking, ticking their way through toddler-hood so freaking fast.

I know for certain that the days when Lovebug wants me to carry him around at parades are limited.

I also know that eventually both kids are not only not going to want me to carry them... they're not going to want me to even freaking WALK with them.

I don't even care though... you watch I'll be that Mom that carries her kids around like little koala bears before their prom...

Oh that Mom doesn't exist??

Well she does now.


You laugh but if you know me you know I am dead serious about carrying a full grown Lovebug in a tuxedo like he's Roo and I'm Kanga.

It breaks my heart to think of my sometimes sweet, terrorist children not wanting to be around me when they become tweens.

And so... if my kids ask me to carry them on my freaking head like a damn fruit basket, you bet your ass I'm going to do it... or at least try.

I'm going to soak up every damn minute of their young gun-ness... I am not going to let one opportunity pass me by, even when they are driving me insane, if they ask me to pick them up and carry them on my feet while I walk on my hands...

I will try to do it...

And chances are, every so often... I might drop them on purpose...

Just so I can watch them get up, hold out their arms, and ask to be held again.




1 comment :

Say something nice, go:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright Our Tiny Place 2017