3/14/13

St. Pat's Photo Shoot

Yesterday we did our St. Patrick's Day Photo Shoot and it was quick, and painless... yay!


We did this photo shoot similar to the way we did our Valentine's Day one... just dolled the kids up, threw some food at them, and took pictures.

I love this technique so, so, so much more than the way we did our Christmas cards... it was torture trying to get the perfect shot, with the perfect lighting, and the perfect angle.

For the St. Patty's picture I bought $7 worth of green fabric and hung it up with an old sign from The Dollar Store.

I can't decide if I like the, "Luck Of The Irish," sign or not, so I cropped it out of some pictures.


There were shamrocks hanging all around it, but my toddler terrorist children ripped them to smithereens before I could take one picture.

I put Lovebug in his new Ralph Lauren sweater and jeans... he was a big fan of the ginormous pony.


Plus he doesn't have the patience to let me dress him up in anything crazy... so he was happy in jeans and a sweater.

Lucky for me though, Dollface has no problem letting me deck her out.


She didn't have any solid green shirts, and her white tutu has a neon pink band around the waist, so I actually put Girlfriend's clothes on her... BACKWARDS.

You probably just scrolled up to look, and now you can tell that her shirt is indeed on backwards, but if I hadn't told you... you woulda never known, right? Plus... who cares?


I wish I had taken a picture of her from the back... it was like a whole other outfit!

Her leg warmers are actually long socks from Wal-Mart that I cut the feet off her.


Her antennas are from Target, and her beads are from that one time when I showed my boobs.... juust kidding Mom.... they're from Wal-Mart.

When we took these shots, just like with the Valentine's Day shots, Husband sat next to me and used his iPhone while I used our good camera.


We literally take 500 photos in about 7 minutes.

That's pretty much as long as the kids can last before they start getting anxious, and the pictures start coming out really freaking terrible.

(Yikes.)

Even with the help of an entire bag of green marshmallows (I couldn't find gold coins anywhere!!)... they couldn't sit still for long.

All that to say... if you take 500 pictures of a 1 year old and a 3 year old, the truth is... you only get one semi good shot.


That's all you really need, right?







5 comments :

  1. I feel your pain - there's almost no distraction tactic good enough to get our 1 year old and 2 year old to look at the camera together, and if were lucky enough for that to actually have it, someone's likely making a horrible face.
    At least you got a decent one for the books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pigtails are way too cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now if I could just get her brother to leave them alone!

      Delete
  3. Really, really cute pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Newest follower here! I found you through the blog hop. You have a wonderful blog, I can't wait to read more! You can find me at meandmr.com

    -Melanie @ meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete

Say something nice, go:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright Our Tiny Place 2017