3/25/13

Being Grateful

Our kids are five hour energy drinks wrapped up in cute little red bull bodies.

Their energy could put a puppy to sleep.

They are tornadoes that can tear apart a room in 30 seconds flat...

They will find the one single item that does not belong in a child's hands... and they will juggle it, and then shove it into the other one's eyes.

They are a handful, and I am tired, and I need a break.

But I don't want one.

That's the truth.

I know breaks are important and are good for all of us, and that is why I do take them, but truth be told... I just don't really like to be away from them.

Of course, I am only human, so I love getting pedicures and my hair done... but I can't wait wait wait to get back home and grab them into my arms and tickle them until they wheeze.

Even on days full of screaming and Time Outs and spilled drinks and stains on the couch....

Even on days when I am exhausted and the laundry is starting to creep up over the window sills...

Even then... I am so happy to have a job that allows me not to miss a single, solitary minute.

Like this one... that I caught Sunday morning when the kids were doing their usual adorable act of holding hands and punching me in the gut with their cuteness.


I call this shot... "Beanie, Boots, and Backwards Pants."

Seriously, those backwards pockets and drawstring in the back slay me.

They are young and innocent for such a short part of their lives

I am so blessed to have a front row seat of the exploration, the curiosity, and the madness.

I love those little beasts so ferociously... and I am so fortunate to be able to stay home and watch them grow into perfectly adorable and strange little people.

I wouldn't trade it for the world.






 


2 comments :

  1. Replies
    1. I think it's one of the best I've ever taken... something about it reminds me of the old school ck-one ads.. but in a much tamer, younger, way... do you see it?

      Delete

Say something nice, go:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright Our Tiny Place 2017