10/31/12

Pumpkins (Like You Care)

I know, I know.

Everyone on the blogosphere is posting pictures of their pumpkins like they are something friggin' special.

So annoying, I know.

But... I took the damn pictures, so humor me and look at them, alright?

Truth be told...

I had no idea how to make carving a pumpkin fun for  a three year old... he can't use a knife, so that was really out of the question.

He also has pretty much zero interest in painting, so getting our artsy on was out too.

So I said to my self: "Self. what does that kid like?"

Well.... He really likes to hit things.

And so... I stole an idea from his school, where they have a log full of thumb tacks for the kids to hit.

First, I dug around in Husband's junk yard garage, and found this box of random screws and nails.


Then I tap-tapped those suckers into a pumpkin, and handed Lovebug a rubber mallet for him to finish off the job.


This was a perfect project for a three year old... he was very methodical about his tapping and kept demanding more nails.


The end result, is kind of weird, but I love it anyway.


I also painted a ladybug pumpkin, for Ladybug, obvi.


And that big guy in the back is our obligatory, only-looks-good-in-the-dark, jack-o-lantern.

He's not perfect, but you try carving a pumpkin with two hooligans trashing your house... not so easy!

Just a few more hours... and I will light that guy's face up, and drag my kiddies around the block so they can fetch me ma dinna!

Yes!


PS... Don't forget to enter this Giveaway! Only two days left! Plus.. hello... diamonds!

2 comments :

  1. It's a Pinhead Pumpkin - perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea and kind of want to make one for myself. :)

    ReplyDelete

Say something nice, go:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright Our Tiny Place 2017