10/3/12

Have You Ever Seen The Rain??

I have loved the rain for as long as I can remember.

My Husband laughs at me because every time it starts to pour, I look at him and say... "Isn't it beautiful?"

I have probably asked him that question 5,000 times over the course of 10 years.

My love affair for all things rainy day-ish began when I was around Lovebug's age.

My Dad's job involves being outside, but on rainy days... he can't work.

 Growing up, rainy days meant my Dad would be home with the family.

It's because of that that rain has always had a cozy, family feel to it for me...

Everything kinda slows down, blankets come out, movies go on... everyone naps...

I mean come on, who doesn't love family nap time??

Yesterday... it down poured all day.

And while Lovebug napped off his second fever in a week (WTF preschool?), Ladybug and I played and watched the cats and dogs fall from the sky.

I snuck away for a minute to check on Lovebug and came back to find that Ladybug had gotten into the snack cabinet.

She was dragging a box of Cinnamon Toast Crunch across the floor, and stopped when she came to the back door....

Where she promptly set up shop to chow down... and watch the rain.

I could have done a lot of things in that moment.

Take the box away, close the cabinet, re-direct her to an apple....

All good options.

But, being that my Girlfriend was minding her own business... just nommin' on some sugar and watchin' the rain... (two of my all time favorite things to do)

I did what any other Mom blogger would do....

I got my camera.







4 comments :

  1. Love the sweet meaning Rain holds for you!!! And I would have done the same thing…grab the camera!! Too cute.

    xo
    Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the rain too. It's like it tells me it's ok to take a day off and relax instead of going going going. I'm glad you let her eat the cinnamon toast crunch, that was a good option too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, that is truly sweet why your love for rain began. I love it (for the most part) too. Ladybug is seriously such a doll. I just wanna pinch those baby cheeks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you remember playing in the barn in my backyard with our cabbage patch kids when it rained?? So fun!!

    ReplyDelete

Say something nice, go:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright Our Tiny Place 2017