10/24/12

Freckle-y

As soon as I was officially done nursing Ladybug, I started researching ways to naturally get rid of all those damn freckles on my face.

 
My freckles are actually a "pregnancy mask," (not pregnant) or a mild case of, "melasma"...

Which is basically a fancy way to say that the hormones you get while pregnant and nursing kinda mess with the pigmentation in your skin.

Not a big deal, but I wanted those freckles gone.

Two years ago, after I was finished nursing Lovebug, I went to a Dermatologist who said I had, "text book pregnancy mask," and promptly prescribed me with an $80 tube of semi-good cream.

It worked okay... but nothing ground breaking.

Fast forward to last month... as soon as I finished nursing my Girlfriend, I started googling around for options other than expensive creams and potions.

While searching, I stumbled onto tons of sites where people were raving and obsessing over Apple Cider Vinegar.

It was kind of like how people obsess over Fish Oil, or CrossFit.

These people used Apple Cider Vinegar for EVERYTHING... and swore up and down that it would change my life.

Of course, I was not looking for a life change... I just wanted to be a little less freckle-y.

We know I am easily persuaded... so I figured why not...

The verdict?
Admittedly, the sun is shining on my face in the second picture, so my skin looks really freaking flawless... which it's not.

But what you're supposed to notice, is the lack of freckles.

Pretty crazy right?

They are almost completely GONE.

Here's another picture, of my freckle-less face:


I don't just dump it over my head... in case you were wondering.

I use it as a toner after I wash my face, just a little bit on a cotton ball... and I'm done.

I swear it is changing my skin.

I majored in Napping English in College (sorry Dad)... so I have no idea why this works, but it does... or, it is; for me.

I do not claim to know anything about beauty tips or secrets... but I know that this is working.

I am officially joining the Apple Cider Vinegar Cult... and raving about it's magical powers to everyone I meet.


Now if only it could get rid of my dumps....



10 comments :

  1. Wow!! I'm impressed!! I have to look up this stuff. I love using natural ingredients for beauty products. But apple cider vinegar used as a toner?! Wow. Does it dry out your skin at all? How often do you use it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use it once or twice a day and It makes my skin baby's booty soft! Not dry at all!

      Delete
  2. Naturally remedies are the best, aren't they? I swear that apple cider vinegar is a miracle product all around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erin... what do you use it for? I loove it!

      Delete
  3. I think your freckles are freaking adorable! It's pretty odd to me that you get them when you're breastfeeding though. I never thought they were caused by hormones, just sun or genetics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The difference is remarkable! ;) It’s probably because of the strong acid content of the vinegar. Having freckles is a common skin condition, particularly among teens, which is largely due to their repeated exposure to sunlight. A more permanent treatment for freckles is bleaching cream. There are actually products that contain hydroquinone and kojic acid which can be purchased without a prescription, so might want to look into that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You sound so knowledgeable! Does your career involve skin care ?

      Delete
  5. Wow, congratulations for that remarkable transformation! =) Now that you’re freckle-free, you can move to the next step – prevention. Here’s a tip: always wear moisturizer or sunscreen, even in overcast days, to avoid freckles from recurring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I started doing this today, for the same reason, melasma, just in case it could help, but now you gave me the confirmation that it really really works, which is great!!!, thaaaaaaaaaank youuuu!!! <3

    ReplyDelete

Say something nice, go:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright Our Tiny Place 2017