9/6/12

Life Lessons

The funny thing about this parenting business, is that people just basically hand you a kid at the Hospital and wish you a nice life.

They don't tell you how to put them in their car seat, how to teach them to spit toothpaste (still working on that one) and they certainly don't tell you how to teach your kid to wipe their own ass.

If you're a regular reader... you know Lovebug wiped his own booty for the first time last week.

We made a big deal out of it... as we would want someone to do for us too... I mean...

Anyway... his butt wiping pretty much stopped after the second or third try, he's all:

"But Mom. It's gross."

Yeh... no shit kid, I have been wiping asses that are not my own for 3+ years... I know it's gross.

I was kind of at a loss as to how to make butt wiping seem exciting, and did what any other woman with a son would do... I harassed his Father (his hero) into handling the situation for me.

Now... I married my Husband, so his shenanigans are not new to me, and I knew enlisting his help could result in something weird, but... I begged him anyway.

So last night, after Lovebug goes to the bathroom and does his business, he runs at me going 100 miles an hour.

He throws himself into my lap, smiling ear to ear.

He is, of course, yelling... because we are nothing if not loud as Hell around here.

"MOM! I WIPED MY BOOTY BY MYSELF!!"

"You did?! That's great! Did Dad teach you?!"

"YES! HE DID! HE TOLD ME... DON'T PUT YOUR FINGER IN YOUR BUTT... PUT THE PAPER IN YOUR BUTT!"

That's as far as that conversation went... because honestly...

I can't even handle this kid sometimes.

 His innocence, excitement, and one liner combo personality absolutely slays me...

I laughed until I cried.


1 comment :

  1. Haha, good for him! Go Lovebug! I can't imagine the things he's going to say in his teenage years. It's going to be awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Say something nice, go:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright Our Tiny Place 2017