5/25/12

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

The Summer has got me antsy for a lighter feel in our house... out with the cozy and in with the cool!!

So... we usually rock these dark blue, thermal, black out curtain and valance jobbies... (minus the Christmas garland attached to them), but with the summer heat finally here, those curtains just had to go.


It's hard to decorate these rooms because I feel like the window treatments all have to match... and I don't want heavy curtains all the way around.

So, if the curtain isn't also made in a valance, I cant use it... does that make sense??

Anyway, I found some super springy numbers that I loved at Lowe's.


Geometric prints aren't for everyone, but I totally felt skinnier and more summery once these puppies went up.

But remember that doorway with the full length curtains that have to match??

Ughh... that piece of crap rained on my parade.

Here's why:


Attention Window Treatment Makers of the World:

No one wants curtains that are 84 inches long... they suck, they suck, they suck.

Maybe if I lived in an attic, they might do me some good.

Of course, this brand of curtains also does not come in extra long loveliness... so, it was back to the drawing board.

I searched a bit before coming up empty handed at Target (seriously, who leaves Target with nothing?), and decided I could fix this too short curtain problem.

Now, here is the truth.

This was one of those things that I told Husband I could do and take care of, but I honest to God never imagined I could actually pull it off.

But I did.

With pillow cases from Wal-Mart because I couldn't find any fabric I liked.


I cut the pillow cases open, and figured out what I was working with... if I am going to be honest... I had no effing idea what the frick I was doing.


I kinda just made shit up as I went along.

It worked though, so whatever.


Once I finished one, I was like.. shit, how the eff am I going to make these babies line up perfectly so my anal retentive Husband doesn't make fun of me every day for the rest of my life??

So... I used the tile on the kitchen floor as a grid, and went to work on number two.


It paid off... cause those puppies match up pretty damn perfectly, and don't look half bad, if I do say so myself.


I used a billion no sew methods... I cant believe they are actually hanging up, and looking good... because I sure as hell had no clue what I was doing when I did this.

How's that for a tutorial??

5 comments :

  1. Looks fantastic! I wish I had an ounce of craft flowing through my blood. Doesn't matter how simple the task is, I can fuck it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it - looks very fresh. I'm a big fan of green for decor. And clever you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks awesome and I love your blog, by the way! I am a new follower :)

    http://weightlossdiaryofachocolatelover.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete

Say something nice, go:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright Our Tiny Place 2017