5/17/12

Appreciating The Besties

Yesterday I caught Lovebug riding Ladybug like a horse, swinging a plastic golf club and yelling, "Yah! Yah!"

I did what I was supposed to, and started freaking out, before I realized... she was laughing.

She loved it.


I know I talk a lot about how much my kids love each other lately.

It's probably a little annoying.

I apologize.

I never want to be one of those bloggers that is like...

"Look at how great my kids are! My life is spotless! My floors don't crunch! My kids never crap their pants!"

But when it comes to the Besties, I cant help myself... I am in awe of their friendship.

The two of them have a hug and squeal fest the second they see each other every morning... it melts me into a thousand puddles.

Gets me every time.


But it's more than the cuteness that gets me.

Maybe you need to know a little more about my childhood to understand why I am so appreciative of my children's obsession with each other.

My brother and I are almost exactly the same age difference as the Bugs...

Brother and I are 26 months and one week apart, the Bugs are 26 months and two weeks apart.

That's pretty damn close.

When I went in to have Ladybug, my only worry was how Lovebug would receive a sibling.

I was PETRIFIED that he would hate his brother or sister (which we now know was a sister)... that he would hate me, hate Husband, hate us all for putting a snag in his, "This is My world," world.

Everyone chalked my worries up to end of pregnancy hormones, but the truth is... my fears were warranted because my brother pretty much hated me on sight.

He actually asked my parents to bring me back to the Hospital and exchange me for a black baby instead.

He was two, so obviously he had no clue what he was saying... but he knew from day one, that he wasn't a fan of having a sister.

My parents talk a lot about how much my brother hated me growing up.

The stories are funny now, but I am sure my parents had their hands full then to say the least.

It wasn't until we were 18 and 16 years old that Brother and I became really good friends... and we still are today.

But because I have heard the stories of my brother's disappointment in me being a girl and not a boy for years... I am extra, extra appreciative of how accepting and loving Lovebug is of his sister.

When he is not my shadow... he's hers.


I can't even imagine how much harder having two children would be, if one was  was always trying to kill the other one.

My poor Mom.

And my poor Brother, who never did get the Brother he wanted, and instead got three sisters.


 

That karma... gets ya every time.

3 comments :

  1. Love it! Its great to witness sibling relationships :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha my comment was going to be "karma." but you already said it :)

    I love the picture of him hugging(?) her!
    This morning Alikah was crawling around playing "tag" with Harper, and I thought it was the cutest thing ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm definitely jealous. My kids are 16 months apart...3 years old and 20 months old. They already fight like crazy. We do get treated to the occasional sweet moments but for the most part, they are you and your brother. And me and my brother for that matter. But also like the relationship you have with your brother, my own bro and I are quite close and have been since he was about 16. Funny how that works, eh?

    ReplyDelete

Say something nice, go:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright Our Tiny Place 2017