4/6/12

The Space Ranger

I can only imagine that the story goes like this:

The Bugs' great aunt was flying from CA to VA for a Girl's Weekend.

She popped into one of those airport stores that sells everything under the sun.

Just in case you forget your bowling ball, glow sticks, shaving cream, or Halloween costume, stores like these have got you covered.

You know the ones I'm talking about??

The ones with items on the shelf that make you go, "Who the Hell buys this stuff at the airport?"

My aunt, that's who.

And since her Girl's Weekend was with my mother, who likes to tip back the vino... I have no clue how this story really goes, and I am more or less making it up as I go along.

Anyway... my aunt sees an astronaut costume, decides Lovebug has to have it, and officially becomes the first person to ever buy a costume at the airport.

That last part might not be true.

Lovebug took one look at that astronaut costume and fell head over heels in love.


Only after he peeled out of his freaking skin and flailed his limbs like a maniac... in typical toddler fashion.

Love at first sight happened yesterday at around 7 am.


That makes today Day Two of his astronaut obsession.

We were able to take him out of it just long enough for bath, nap, and bed.

He even wore it to an Easter Egg Hunt this morning.


People were all, "Which kid is yours?"

And I'm all, "Oh, you know... the astronaut."
 
I gotta admit, this costume is no joke:

The stitching, the patches, the bazillion zippers... the kid might actually be able to survive on the Moon in this thing.


He has even changed his name to, "Space Ranger,"....

Which of course makes me... you guessed it... "Space Mom."




young and restless

3 comments :

  1. Lol!!! I LOVE his costume!!! He looks very smart in it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! That is awesome! The best costume ever! Your aunt sounds a lot like my grandma :)

    ReplyDelete

Say something nice, go:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright Our Tiny Place 2017