4/30/12

Rambling...

I think I've lost my blogging mo-jo.

In our house, (as I am sure is the same in yours)... Spring means weddings, and parties, and event after event, after event.

We are busy.

They are growing... and crawling... and running.

I am having trouble keeping up with it all.

That is the honest to God truth... I am having trouble managing all the chaos, and something has got to give.

And so, my blog suffers... which makes me sad, if for no other reason than that I really do write to have the memories.

Every day that I miss out on blogging, I am sad to have missed jotting down whatever we did that day, to have missed logging the memory.

But at the same time... I like being present in their lives.

I like not always thinking...

Where's my camera? Where's my camera? Where the shit is my mother effing camera?!!!

I like just living the moments, and not... living them, and then mentally writing it down for later in my head.

You know?

If nothing else, I strive to have integrity in all that I do.

When I began this blog... it was for our family, our siblings, the grandparents, our friends.

 It was for those closest to us to experience a little bit of what our life was like... to watch our chaos unfold in almost real time.

Along the way, my blog captured the attention of a few new friends, and old friends, and Internet friends, and blogging friends....

Friends I haven't seen in years, people I never talk to, people that I don't even know are out there..

I am so honored that you all spend a few minutes of your day checking in on us...

Honestly, social media amazes me.

You have no idea what it means to me that you read my blog.

Did you know that I have my Bachelor's Degree in English??

I always wanted people to read my writing...

So much so that I started out by writing, "The Stall Street News," in College.

Do you know what that means?

That means people were reading my writing while they sat on the toilet.

It goes without saying that I didn't win any amazing writing awards for my stellar work about how NOT to get an STD.

So when I say it means a lot to me that you think my writing is worthy of your time ... I mean it.

But I want to keep the integrity of this blog, and of myself.

I refuse to blog just to blog.

To write crap just to keep the readers coming back...

I like to think, I mean, I hope... that you come back because you like what you read...

Not just because you are THAT bored at work.

My life is as crazy as yours, and probably, just as boring as yours too.

So every once in awhile, if I feel like just sitting back and watching the chaos unfold... and not writing about it that day during nap time...

I hope you'll forgive me.




2 comments :

  1. Don't apologize!! I love your blog, I think you're hilarious! So don't stop please! But blog whenever you feel like it! And your real readers will stick around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in the same boat as you...busy time of year and the blog suffers for it. No need to apologize and you won't lose me as a reader either! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Say something nice, go:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright Our Tiny Place 2017