4/15/12

Bad, Then Good

Just about twice a year, I want a beer.

I hate the taste of alcohol, but sometimes, (twice a year), I just feel like sitting down with a Bud Light and relaxing.

Yesterday was one of those days (though I didn't actually drink a beer, I just wanted one).

The Bugs were in rare form.

If they had started howling at the moon it wouldn't have surprised me one bit, because they acted like animals all damn day.

I folded laundry, they unfolded laundry.

I put them in bed, they got out of bed.

I made them lunch, they threw lunch on the floor.

It went like that.

I love my children, and I am so thankful for all of the millions of blessings we have in our lives, but everyone is entitled to a day when they want to just hand life over to their Husband and say... "See you in the fucking morning, good luck."

That was me yesterday.

Until I heard from my blogging friend Ashlea, who gave me my first ever blogging award.


Aaaah... a breathe of fresh air in a day that otherwise... smelled like shit.

I am so happy that someone decided to be nice to me.

Anyway, this award, called the Liebster Award, is for bloggers with up and coming blogs, with less than 200 followers.

That's me!

And, since I publicly proclaimed that this was the year that I would do bigger things with this little blog of mine...I was more than a little excited to get recognized!

I even did a speech.

To myself. In the bathroom. While I was hiding from my kids.

Okay, okay... enough with the bad day talk, and on with the award.

In order to receive my award, I have to list 5 random things about myself, and nominate 5 other bloggers that fit the bill.

So here we go:

Five Random Facts About Me:

1- I know nothing about geography.
2- I like getting lost because I have an amazing sense of direction, and love to figure out how to get back on track.
3- I am obsessed with my children's names... I think we did a good ass job (yes I will pat us on the back).
4- I have a terrible memory. I constantly re-tell the same stories to my friends, but they love me so they re-listen.
5- I love to lift weights, like big ones. I wish I was as strong as my friends.

To pay it forward, I am supposed to nominate 5 other bloggers... so here we go!



Thanks again to Ashlea for thinking of me!

If you have just received this award, click here to check out the rules for accepting it!

4 comments :

  1. Yay for you! I love your blog, I read it all the time. I have days like this to and I only have one child, I can't imagine 2!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the award!
    We had the same type of day today. And on that note, I'm going to bed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about your bad day :( Sounds like my day Friday... my child threw a tantrum, trust herself backwards into my face, and broke my tooth in half. Yep. Looking forward to getting that fixed! lol. But congrats on the award! Always fun to be recognized :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the award mamas! I think that it's my first blog award? Haha.
    Sorry about your bad day... I definitely know how that goes, too. : )

    ReplyDelete

Say something nice, go:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright Our Tiny Place 2017