3/28/12

New Car Seats for Everyone!!

Our kids are big.

Lovebug, at only 2 years old, is a solid 37 pounds, and taller than the average toddler terrorist.

With his thick thighed seester growing like a weed, I knew it would be sooner, rather than later, that I had to switch up our current car seat situation.

Which means, my girlfriend will soon be riding in a convertible car seat, and Lovebug will be entering the big boy world of booster car seats.

After tons of research,  I decided to stick with the Britax for Lovebug's new seat, because I love their high safety rating.... and though they are expensive, a car seat is not something you should skimp on.

I planned to buy the new seat from Diapers.com.

Diapers.com must somehow be related to Zappos.com because they are both the fastest freaking websites in the universe....

 So fast, that I have often wondered if they are either watching me, or have a warehouse in my town.

Anyway, I placed the order for our new Britax Frontier 85 Booster Car Seat at 2 pm on Sunday, and it was on our doorstep by 11 am on Monday.

And not a moment too soon, as I found out yesterday when I took the Dolly to the Doctor.

Girlfriend tipped the scale at 21.7 pounds... making her just ounces shy of the 22 pound weight limit on her carrier!

I swear, she is an explosion of chubby baby goodness, and would eat all the live long day if I'd let her.

After a little installation business from the old Husband man, Lovebug's new seat was ready for a test run.... except we couldn't get him out of the friggin' box to try it out.


Cardboard box = toddler heaven.

When we finally got him out of the box and into the car, he loved it! Especially the cup holders.

(This chair was pricey, at $239.00, but is rated number 1 in safety... whoot whoot!)

I was all, "Oooo.... Lovebug, you fancy..."

And he was all, "No Ma, you fancy."

Now, I am on the hunt for a cute cover for Lovebug's old Britax Marathon, to girl-ify it for the Dolly.


(I love this one!!)


The Pediatrician warned me that kid's get super crazy possessive when they see their younger sibling set up shop in their old seat... and suggested I find a cover for the old chair, so Lovebug wouldn't make the connection.

Weird right?

I was waving my BS flag until a little voice spoke up in the car last night and said,

"Hey Mom... where's my old seat?"

To say that conversation did not end well, is an understatement to say the least.

Picture a blonde haired, blue eyed toddler terrorist having a mental break down... kicking legs, flailing arms, the works.

I'm pretty sure he was screaming, "Noo!!!!!!"

I cant be sure though, because my ears eventually just shut off out of fear for their lives.

I stand corrected Dr. Pediatrician, that is why you do your job... and I just shut the eff up and follow instructions.

So half the car seat situation is handled, and the other half is looking for a car seat cover good enough to hold my baby's booty.

I am unsure, however, if such a thing even exists.

3 comments :

  1. That britax booster car seat is the one we use for Annabelle. I would recommend using it as a car seat and not just a booster for as long as possible. There is a lot of evidence that boosters with the shoulder belt aren't enough for kids under 8 or 10, and five point restraints are much safer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fyi... Amazon.com owns both diapers.com & zappos.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I never would have guessed there would be some possessiveness over the carseat. We got our little ones each a 3-in-1 convertible seat from the beginning so it was never an issue for us. That carseat cover is ADORABLE though!

    ReplyDelete

Say something nice, go:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright Our Tiny Place 2017