1/30/12

What I Didn't Tell You....

You know that Husband and I went to see the Queen of Mean, Lisa Lampinelli last weekend.

I told you she was hysterical and we had a great time, I came home and ate nineteen fafillion cookies... but what I didn't tell you, was that I missed the shit out of the Bugs.

People definitely judge me for my attachment to our kids.

They think it's weird that I don't have a regular babysitter, or go out with Husband one night a week.

Crazy as it sounds, Husband and I like to be with our kids, and because we implement strict bedtimes, we still get one on one time with each other.


It's not for everyone, but it works for us, and everyone is happy.

Try as I might, no matter how dirty Miz Lampinelli got... I couldn't stop checking my phone, looking at the time, and tapping my friggin' foot.

We were gone two and a half hours, and to me, it felt like an eternity.

I was so anxious to get home to them that I was even embarrassed to tell Husband.

Pretty sure he knew anyway.

I think the whole sprinting to the car when the show ended thing gave me away.

Don't get me wrong, I like my solo trips to Target, and the hour I get to myself in the gym.

They are not sugar plum fairy children, but I like to be near them as much as possible.

They're funny kids, and I am not even sure why I feel like I need to defend wanting to be around them... but I do.

I literally felt foolish for missing them so much at the show.

Husband and I must have been A+ students and war heroes in our former lives to deserve such amazing, sweet babies... we are so lucky, and so blessed.



So what if I miss the Bugs when I go to the store, the bank, the mailbox....

It's their fault anyway.

They did this. They put me at the top of their totem pole of coolness.

When I walk through our front door after running errands, you would think I had been gone for a month, not an hour.

There is nothing in the world like hearing excitement in your child's voice, just because they see your face.

So, what I didn't tell you... is that I am super freaky nutso obsessed with my kids and hate being away from them for long periods of time.

It could be worse.

(Sidenote: someone remind me of this post the next time Lovebug colors on the walls, kthanksbye).

1 comment :

  1. I do go out pretty often. I'd say two to three times a month but I am strict like you as well. Obviously we do have regular babysitters unlike yourself but my two regular babysitters are my cousins who I actually babysat when they were babies. Sometimes my mother-in-law will watch the kids too but she likes to do her own thing so I don't generally ask her. The only time I ask my mother-in-law to babysit is if say it's something really important like a wedding where I have to be gone before the kids are in bed. I figure the next best thing to mom and dad is nanna. Any other time, when I go out I don't leave until my kids are in bed. The babysitter comes about an hour before they go down to sleep so that if for any reason they do wake up and discover that one of their cousins is babysitting them they aren't totally shocked. But I just feel better knowing my time with my kids isn't taken from because I went out. 9 times out of 10, my kids don't even know I was gone. Also, I always worry what if the kids have a hard time getting comfortable and falling asleep just because mommy or daddy wasn't there to put them to bed. Something I have difficulty with is that my husband and I are the first in our circle of friends to have children and get married...and I am notorious for the jabber-on-and-on-and-on-about-my-kids syndrome. I can't help it, I'm proud of them dammit! Anyways, just figured I'd let you know that you aren't alone in your feelings.

    ReplyDelete

Say something nice, go:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright Our Tiny Place 2017