1/24/12

Night Out

Husband and I had our second night out sans kids in 5 months this past weekend.

I know.

That's a lot of frickin' family time.

My sweet sister took us to see Lisa Lampinelli as a surprise, bonus, just-because-I-like-you Christmas gift.



She's awesome.

But... if you read the above sentence correctly, that means sister was there too, plus her best friend.

Which means, still no official night out alone since having Ladybug (first night out was a wedding).

I of course, am not being ungrateful, just saying... a date night has to be hidden in the future somewhere, right??

Please??

Okay, enough begging, back to the point.

We saw Lisa Lampinelli, which is about as un-romantic as it gets, so it was the perfect thing to do with friends.

If you are unfamiliar with Miz Lampinelli, let me tell you, she is as dirty, raunchy, and hysterical as they get.

You know those people that say something and you're like... oh em gee who says that?!

She does.

Seriously, I died laughing... my sides still hurt. I cried.

It was amazing, she is the best.

If you get the least bit offended at basically anything on Earth, she is not for you... just don't even buy the tickets.

But if you're like me, and will laugh at damn near anything... you've got to check her out.

Follow her on Twitter, because girlfriend lays it on people ALL THE TIME via the power of tweets... and she doesn't disappoint... it's hysterical every damn time.

Miz Lampinelli is a tell-it-like-it-is kinda gal who happens to be from my hometown (all readers I know from High School just went... "She is?")... so her sense of humor felt super authentic and kinda close to home for me.

Yup, I grew up in a town full of funny people... ball busting is in the water.

Successful night out... check.

Next up.... a one on one date night with the man I married: in which I will transform from Mouse-Wife to Mom-Shell.

Or something like that.

1 comment :

  1. I am soooooo jealous! Lisa Lampinelli is SO funny! Wish my brother would give me a just because I like you Christmas gift like that! Haha.

    ReplyDelete

Say something nice, go:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright Our Tiny Place 2017