1/27/12

Kids Say The Darndest Things

We are headed to see my parents, Hunny & Pop-Pop, in my hometown.

I get off the Exit, and am immediately cut off.

Twice.

A minute later I am stuck behind a car with a never ending blinker / brake light combo... with no turn in sight.

I am aggravated.

"Hunny's town is full of idiots!"

I mutter to myself.

Except, funny thing:

There is no "self" after you have a child... especially when your child is two years old, a parrot, or both in my case.

Without missing a beat, I hear a little voice from the backseat, "Hunny's town is full of idiots!"

I laugh in spite of myself.

I could have said the town was full of shit-heads, but I didn't:

I said it was full of idiots; so it is funny and okay that my two year old is repeating it... kind of, just this once.

Shut up, don't judge me.

We get to Hunny's and I can't help myself, I want Lovebug to tell her what her town is full of.

Like any mother would, I egg him on.

"Lovebug, tell Hunny about her town...."

He looks back and forth from me to Hunny, unsure if he should answer.

"It's okay Lovebug, go ahead: Hunny your town........"

Lovebug jumps out of his seat, throws his arms in the air, and yells with pride, "SUCKS!"


I am shocked... surprised that he knows this word, that he used it correctly in a sentence (yikes), and that he was so proud to do it.


Along with everyone else in the room, I am laughing.

Don't worry.

I am also hanging my head in sham... right into the sink, where I am washing my mouth out with soap.

1 comment :

  1. Hahahahahahaha!
    That's so funny, because this totally happened to me the other day. Except I said, "shit, shit, SHIT!" (oops) And my 2 year old son repeats right after me, "SIT SIT SIT!" To which I replied..."yes, Landon...let's sit. Sit sit sit."
    *Good save*

    ReplyDelete

Say something nice, go:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright Our Tiny Place 2017