1/4/12

Home Resolution

This is embarrassing, and makes me look dumb... but I have no shame, so I'm gonna post it anyway.

Before Lovebug was born... as in almost 3 years ago, we hired an artist to paint a beach mural in Lovebug's bathroom.


We spent a pretty decent amount of money doing this room up for our unborn babe.

The sad part is that we never, ever use that bathroom. Never, ever.

Because of me and one of my dumb hair brained ideas again.

Remember when I spray painted the front porch? This is kind of like that.

You see, the vanity had a mauve counter top. It was horrible.

So I googled around and saw that you could spray paint counter tops.

By "you" I mean someone other than me.

I got spray paint that was supposed to look like sand, and went to town on that counter top.



And ruined it. 


God did I ruin it.

Then Husband came home and thought he could do a better job than I did... and he ruined it too.

That's how we roll.

See, our  masterpieces master-messes.


I am embarrassing the crap out of myself right now, I know. 

And... this disgusting-ness....


...Is from our 90's Halloween Party when my sister and her friend painted themselves to be Tia and Tamara from Sister, Sister.

(Sidenote: Are those costumes dead on or what?!)



It will never come off, because the stupid spray paint counter top is not washable.

You know where this is going right.

This is a New Year's Resolution 3 years in the making.

We are going to put a new counter top, and new sinks in this bathroom this year... sometime before December 31, 2012.

Stay tuned for what is sure to be an improvement from this horrendous DIY disaster!

2 comments :

  1. Thanks for the follow; I'm following you back!! Lol at the permanent stuff on your countertop! :o)

    Jamie
    For Love of Cupcakes

    ReplyDelete
  2. fun post!! well, at least you didn't spend a lot of money on the paint!!
    I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

    ReplyDelete

Say something nice, go:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright Our Tiny Place 2017