12/15/11

Magic

Today we took Lovebug to see Santa at this amazing (free) Christmas Village in our town.

We went at the exact same time last year and walked right in, today however, the line wrapped around the building.

So, we decided to skip Santa and just see Mrs. Claus, the Elves, and the reindeer.

This was the year, that the magic happened.

As soon as he laid eyes on Santa's sleigh, I knew he understood Christmas.



For the first time in my short parenting life, I saw real magic.

And I died. 

I was hopping up and down, and pointing, and squealing right along side Lovebug.



We were two blond hair, blue eyed, dimpled peas in an over-excited pod; ready to burst with Christmas spirit.



I can not explain the way the magic in his eyes moved me. This is why people become parents.



It was Christmas when I was young all over again, but I am reliving it through someone else's eyes.



Seeing Lovebug in Santa's workshop was one of the most beautiful things I have seen in a long time... it was simply amazing.


He couldn't turn his head fast enough to take in all that toy shop goodness that lay before him.



I couldn't get a single picture of his face because he was like lightning, screaming and pointing with delight," Shrek! Bob the Builder! Santa! Elves! Excavators! Trains!"

He even tried to climb the gate in the workshop to get at those toys.



People have told me how magical Christmas is when you have children, and I of course, just nod and smile, because that's what you do when people talk and you don't really listen.

Now I know what they were getting at, now I know what all the hype was about.

And we may or may not be going back to Christmas Village again tonight, so I can get my Christmas Magic Crack fix.

Twice a day is allowed, right?

4 comments :

  1. good days, bad days and AWESOME days!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how wonderful! I love all the photos and especially him trying to climb over the gate.

    Reminds me of when my sons were that age...thanks for the memories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Santa's workshop y'all have, how awesome! And I love the magic of the holiday, your boy is adorable ... trying to climb the little fence, pure awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome! When you get a sec let me know where exactly this is!

    ReplyDelete

Say something nice, go:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright Our Tiny Place 2017