10/24/11

Date Night

Saturday night husband and I went out; alone.
Without any kids.
And I did my hair.


Yeh, I got crazy like that.

We went to our friend's wedding, so not only were our kids not there, but I also put on a dress, heels, and makeup. Faanncy.



This was our first post baby night out, just Husband and I.

Lovebug stayed with Hunny and Pop Pop, while Ladybug stayed at a hotel near the wedding with Short Sis.

My children not only spent the night under different roofs, but in different STATES.

I have a heart attack every time I even think about it.

There were so many miles and highways between us, I about died.

I hate, hate, hate being away from my children. I hated knowing they were apart even more; but the two of them together is too much to ask of anyone, and Ladybug is still such a little peanut, she def still needs her Mama close by.


Excuses aside, I just about had a stroke leaving her for the first time. I may have also had an asthma attack leaving Lovebug and driving 150 miles South without him (sidenote: I do not have asthma). As much as I would love an afternoon to myself, a weekend is too much.

Call me crazy, I like to be near our kids. Although sometimes,  I would like to crawl into a hole and hide from them, I would still like them to be close enough to the hole that I know where they are.

 I talked about them all night long. And showed their pictures and videos to everyone.

I was that person, that Mom. But it's okay, because Husband was that guy, he was that Dad. We are just proud freaking parents, what can I say?

It's been ages since Husband and I have gotten all pretty, danced, and done something just the two of us. We had a fantastic time, and seriously laughed our heads off multiple times through out the night.

We were so proud to stand together as people who knew us when we first met 17 years ago asked about our little life. It was great to be out on our own, but at the end of the day, home is where I'd rather be.

I missed this guy.



And this girl. (Sidenote: another stupid cute hat, so stupid it's cute.)



They are growing so fast, I cant stand it.



Pretty soon the books wont rest on his feet anymore; they'll rest on his knees, and then thighs, and then desk, and then dorm room bunk bed.



What I'm trying to say is: Husband, if you're reading this, no more date nights until they go to College... I cant stand to miss a thing.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Say something nice, go:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright Our Tiny Place 2017