9/26/11

Technology

Lovebug knows how to use my cell phone. For real.

It is a touch screen and he knows how to move the screen back and forth to find the movies he wants to watch on YouTube.

I know.

That is insane.

Especially because, we do a lot more than watch YouTube on my phone all day.

He just picked it up like, "I use the phone now... I'm two fingers old."

Anyway, every once in awhile my looney tunes mother will say something about how plugged in we all are... not our family, like, the world.

And you know what?

She's right.

Nine out of ten times this bothers me, and weirds me out. I think it is dumb when people "check" themselves into a restaurant on a date with their wife... isn't anything private any more? Cant we do anything without looking for attention from others while we do it?

I just don't get it. There is a fine line I think, between Technology that opens us up to the world in the wrong way... and the kind that opens us up in the right way.

Like this.




Lovebug "face timing" with his Uncle in another state (his Aunt was there too, but her head probably didn't fit in the shot with that weird huge hat).

It was like a mini play date, he talked about it for the rest of the day.

They showed him toys, gave him a tour of the house (which he has seen a billion times, but never through a phone)... he loved it.

It was like all being together, on a random Sunday night... something we never get to do.

It was awesome.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Say something nice, go:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright Our Tiny Place 2017